Pre hitching trip to Clifden

Friday June 26th pre-hitching mission >>

Had a great day in Clifden today where I was speaking at the Forum Connemara jobs & training day. Met some amazing people doing great stuff including Aoife, young mother who set-up the The Connemara Journal Journal newspaper when the previous local paper closed down due to recession. Also heard great stories from Galway Enterprise Board, Letterfrack furniture design college, Hedz hairdressing academy.

clifdenMet a man who moved home from San Franciso to raise his kids. Focused my talk on finding & focusing on your gifts & talents & having the courage to dare to dream. It was recorded byConnemara Community Radio. Heard also how Minister Phil Hogan is attempting to bring EU funded community development initiatives into the fold of county councils, which would result in loss of independence and redirection of funds. Huge risk. Amazed at how isolated Clifden is. Nature in full bloom out there. Spotted girl picking meadow sweet on side of the road (you can make tea with it).

Also spotted cyclist touring Ireland on this rainy day, made me think how easy hitching will be compared to that. One step closer to take-off on Monday & excitement brewing. Getting tons of messages of support and invites to places to stay. Thanks everybody! I’ll try to visit but have no plans as yet. Playing by ear. Huge thanks to Alice Kennelly who invited me via Connemara Forum.